Watering Eyes, Running Nose and Asthma
Typical allergy symptoms with hay fever are:
- Irritation of the conjunctiva and conjunctivitis with itchy, reddened and watering eyes
- Swelling and irritation of the eye lids
- Increased tear production, tears
- Burning eyes
- Eyes are dry or are feeling dry
Apart from watering eyes, further allergic reactions of the respiratory tracts are common:
- Blocked, itchy, watering nose, excessive sneezing
- Bronchitis or asthma
The extent of hay fever symptoms such as watering eyes, sneezing attacks and so forth vary between people. Symptom strength also depends on the varying amount of pollen present in the air.
Allergies do not just make themselves felt through watering eyes, but can also occur on the skin. More often than not, the body reacts with reddening, swelling and itching as well as pustules or blotches on the skin.
An allergic shock is a particularly severe allergic reaction. This life-threatening condition occurs in particularly vulnerable people, for instance in response to insect bites or as a reaction to drugs. However, an allergic shock can basically occur in the context of any allergy.